What is fun about trying to enhance the educational process for my kids, without a real agenda, is that things tend to unfold based on what we talk about over dinner. Tonight, we got into a discussion about spy gadgets, devices, secret compartments, and innocent looking things that turn out to be weapons. Pretty soon, the boys were coming up with their own ideas of sinister designs. I thought it would be fun to look at a video on YouTube that explained some of the more memorable gadgets of James Bond. We found this one.
We also played the game Pentago which is a strategy game. Here is the description from the Amazon website.
- Unique twisting game board
- Easy to learn, Fun to Play, Tough to Master
- Children will gain spatial orientation, eye-hand coordination, logic and problem-solving abilities with this mind-twisting game.
- Game Of The Year in Sweden, Germany, France, Finland and Belgium
- Comes with handy travel case
- Creative Child Magazine Game Of The Year, Mensa Select Award winner, Dr. Toy Best Travel Game, The National Parenting Seal Of Approval
I am not a paid promoter of this game, I just grew up playing strategy games with my family, and I love playing thinking games with my kids. They have fun and they don’t even realize that they are learning to use their brains in mathematical ways!